This blog is a collection of my thoughts and ideas on living a healthy lifestyle. I believe that a healthy lifestyle is multi-faceted, and should include physical, mental and spiritual health. Although this blog is a way for me to organize my thoughts, hopefully it will be of benefit to someone else.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Why Eat Clean?

My Top 5 Reasons to Eat Clean

1. Have you ever seen the pictures floating around the internet that look like this?

This, my friends, is the number one reason why I am attempting to eat more clean and natural. I have seen similar pictures of fast food hamburgers sitting out for 72 weeks (6 years in case you were wondering). The result is the same. If 6 years of nature can't break down the hamburger, it is safe to say that it may be a little taxing on our bodies to do so. This is one example of many, and I am really not trying to scare people into being more healthy. I just ask that you think about what you are putting into you and your children's bodies before you do it.

2. Although there are many vitamins and supplements on the market, you can get all of the nutrients you need from a well balanced diet. Fruits, veggies, grains, proteins and dairy, in their purest forms, have all the nutrition you need. I acknowledge that there are some exceptions, but as a general rule, eating a balanced diet will take care of all your nutrition needs.

3. You feel better when you eat better. I always tell my kids that their bodies are like little cars. Their bodies need the right fuel to run properly. You wouldn't pump mud into a car and expect it to run. The same goes for your body.

4. Eating clean, coupled with exercise, helps you lose weight. No need for fad diets or diet pills.

5. Your skin, along with all other body systems, function better with a clean diet (see reason #3). You will find that your skin will be more radiant, less oily and overall more healthy looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment